Friday, October 1, 2010

First full moon for Amelie

Amelie turned one month old 2 weeks ago. Time has certainly gone by too quickly! I was thinking of having a mini celebration at home until two families showed up at the same time to see the baby. It dawned on me that our tiny unit is too small to hold any party, however small the party. And it was way too cold then to be doing anything outdoors. I brainstormed a little and thought of giving out cupcakes instead. It seemed like a better idea than to hand out 'nasi kunyit' and 'ang koo kuih' (the asian grocers sell the ready-made ones) since I'm not sure everyone here will appreciate them.
I googled for some cupcake toppers and came across these really cute ones from http://www.sugarcraftbyrosie.com.au/home.html and promptly ordered them. After some baking and decorating they turned out great.


Check out the toppers, super cute right=)


The toppers consisted of pacifiers, milk bottles, a variety of teddy bears, baby booties just to name a few.

A close-up shot.

A few of my favourites.

The finished product.

Ordered a Dora topper especially for the litlle Dora fan Hannah. It made her one very happy girl that day.

The one-month-old babe in a new dress mama got for her from myer and hand-knitted bootie form a friend.

Another photo of Amelie.

2 comments:

Eve said...

the little boot topper looks cute. so does your princess :)

weelyn said...

lovely cupcakes! Amelie looks so sweet and pretty in the dress.. happy fullmoon, Amelie! :)

Post a Comment