skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Baby no.2-18 weeks
Had my standard first ultrasound scan at 12 weeks, which was also known as the nuchal translucency scan. Got a bit of a scare when the liquid around baby's neck measured to 3.2mm, which was considered to be slightly thicker than usual. From my understanding the thicker the liquid shows a higher risk for a Down's Syndrome baby. I was then asked to do a second round of the Maternal Serum Screening(MSS) test which required some blood to be drawn for testing. To cut the long story short blood test result came back good, mine is not considered a high-risked pregnancy. However according to my OB, since there was an increased in nuchal translucency it may sometimes, not always, lead to a baby with heart problems or a baby who is low in birth weight. Which led me to another scan at 16 weeks, known as a fetal heart echo. And another two more scans to go. Precaution and constant monitoring is good, if only it wasn't so expensive! The fetal heart echo costs $400 once! One more at 19 and the other one at 24 weeks. From the last scan we've discovered certain fetal measurements were indeed in the lower percentile and one was even off the chart. Good news is everything is still ok thank God, but I was told it's not over yet and we can only be certain usually at 24 weeks, thus the extra scans. And I was advised not to do much exercise and eat extra carbs laden with a bit more sugar, oh not that I would have any problem with that,hehe. With the little one I only had the standard 12 and 20 weeks scans. Not one day would go by where I wouldn't say a prayer for the baby, that God would keep him/her safe and strong. I also find that I've an increased in appetite over the last 2 weeks so hopefully the next scan would turn out better*fingers crossed*.
6 comments:
Take care ya and i am sure the baby will be in good health..
glad to hear all is well. don't worry, dear.. God will take care of the little one inside you. Trust in Him. Congrats again & have a fun-filled, smooth and blessed pregnancy! :)
Thanks for the well wishes Ling and Wee Lyn.
Don't worry, be happy!
Daphne,
The Lord will watch over the little one. When I was pregnant with Joel in the first trimester i had complications, occasional bleeding for two weeks and hand foot mouth disease, all these were signs of threaten miscarriage. Not one day i stopped praying for the unborn child - so i totally understand what you are going through. Joel was a survivor, a normal healthy baby and have been such an easy baby to take care of every since we have him all by His grace. The Lord hand will also be upon your little one.
Ruth, thanks so much for your words of encouragement. It helps to know even with such complications Joel came to be such a healthy and adorable baby.
Post a Comment