So since she's always loved animals and enjoyed zoo and aquarium outings, we brought her to Healesville Sanctuary last weekend as a pre-birthday treat. It was about an hour and a half's drive away, she was good in the car, with plenty of snacks and I usually allow her bohboh(bolster) along on long car trips. Needless to say she was very engrossed with the emus, koalas and most of all the kangaroos. These kangaroos at the sanctuary hop so much more compared to the ones in Melbourne Zoo. Guess they feel more free not being caged up. And we actually saw a koala actively munching on gum leaves this time, instead of just some branches with a koala sign(without the koala) at the Melb Zoo.

The very busy koala.

Mother and daughter enjoying a stroll.

The kangaroos.

She so wanted to go across and touch them, but was deterred when I pointed out all the poo (it was everywhere) on the ground. I was actually a little afraid of her going near them, some of which were quite tall though I know they are known to be a tame lot. Maybe when she's older..=)

Another one of em.

Staring out at a creek.

Taking a much needed break.
On her birthday itself we went out to the park in the morning and had a small party just the 3 of us later in the evening. I made some fried chicken and noodles and dyed-red eggs for tradition's sake. She had a Barney cake and lots of lovely pressies from grandparents and yee yee and of course mama and papa. She loved her cake and can't wait to blow out the candles. As the playgroup moms have scheduled a gathering at Jell's park the next day I got her another cake to celebrate with her little friends. The kids gobbled down their piece of the very sweet chocolatey mud cake.

My 2 y/o all ready for the park.

On the slide.

Having an Easter egg treat.

'I'm 2 and big and strong!'

All lighted up.

Looking pleased with her cake.

Helping out with the candles.

At Jell's Park.

Her friends.

Another cake, she didn't get to blow out the candles as it was too windy. Nevertheless they enjoyed the cake very much I think=)
4 comments:
I feel so freaking old to say this but, she is growing up fast!!! I miss you guys! I'll be in Melbourne on 24 Apr actually. If you can't meet up it's no biggie k. I'll be going there on my very first flight on the Airbus 380. I think I'll be so tired and concuss the whole time I'm there. :)
We miss you too babe. I was planning to head to the city on the same weekend too, 26th a public hols. If you're tired it's ok la, I can imagine the lack of rest you constantly hv to endure=) Sueling will be here from 23rd onwards for 5 days and I'd love to meet her, perhaps on the same weekend but I have yet to arrange with her. Will let u know and u can decide k.
blessed belated birthday, Hannah! :) May the Lord continue to bless you as you grow up in His grace.....
I do hope H can celebrate her 3rd b'day back here with us;( if she could i will hold a big bash for my beloved g'daughter..
Post a Comment