Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Little one at 2 years of age.

Little one had her standard 24 month old health assessment at the Maternal and Child Health Nurse centre few weeks back. She weighs in at 13 kilo and is 85.6 cm tall. She is able to form simple sentences like "mama's shoes" or "papa sit floor" (ask papa to sit on the floor with her) etc. She's been trying to jump for quite some time but haven't been able to lift herself completely off the ground up until yesterday. We clapped and cheered for her which made her so very more excited and she attempted to do it a few more times. She's been 'promoted' to a toddler bed and we've moved the cot to the next room in preparation for the baby. LIke a friend once said 'old dogs are harder to train' and it's very true. I don't think she'll move into a room of her own anytime soon. She still takes a formula feed prior to bedtime and I've started her on cow's milk in the morning, which she takes about an hour to finish each time! Her favourite characters includes elmo and dora lately.
I've booked her in for occasional care once a week for 3 hours this term and she will start this Friday. I know most people think 3 hours is no biggie but I'm really nervous about it. I've left her for a bit at playgroup when I need to use the loo and such and that's about it. She has never really been taken care by anyone else except for the infrequent bouts of babysitting by grandparents when they're here or when I'm back. At 2 she can be hysterical for a looong time and I pray that that won't happen when I leave her at the centre. I know that when the baby comes along I will have to cut back on some activities that keep the little one and me busy (for the first few months at least) and I really don't want her to be stuck at home all the time. I would like to be able to leave her somewhere for a few hours where she can have fun with her little friends and I can also tend to the new baby totally without feeling guilty. So...I hope she knows i'm doing this FOR HER and that she won't be too upset. I've also been prepping her for it, bringing up topics like Timmy carries a bag to school on his own without mommy and would she want to be like Timmy, going to school and play with friends, but mama can only pick her up later, and she said yes today. SOmedays it's no, haha. We'll see in two days time. Meanwhile, here's photos of her on her new bed. I've got some new elmo bedsheets which costs way more than they should for her birthday but have yet to take a photo of it.


2 comments:

Eve said...

Happy belated birthday to little Hannah! Big girl already so can't really call her little anymore :)

Do take care ccp!

Butterfly kisses said...

Thanks dear for the wishes=)

Post a Comment