Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What's for dinner?

Sambal kangkung(water spinach). I've always ordered this dish when we have chu char in Pg. I thought it's a hard to make dish and have relied on ready made paste which did not taste that good the very few times I made them. I've really been craving for it last week and decided to search for the recipe. Turned out it wasn't that hard to make, just a little time consuming having to blend the chilli into a paste first before frying them together with the kangkung. As I combined two blogger's recipes and concocted one of my own, lacking some ingredients in my pantry, I don't have proper measurements and most of it comes agak agak only. Darling and I agreed that it tasted real good though=)

Ingredients:
  • A few shallots peeled and sliced
  • Long red chillies and more bird's eye chillies if you want it spicy.
  • One or two dried chilli soaked till soft
  • Few bulbs of garlic peeled and sliced
  • A small piece of belachan(toasted)
  • Oil for frying
  • 3 medium bunches of kangkung
  • Half a teaspoon of chicken stock powder
  • Salt and sugar to taste.
  1. Blend shallots, chillies, garlic, dried chilli into a paste.
  2. In a pan/wok, add a little more oil than usual, and fry another batch of garlic till fragrant.
  3. Add in kangkung and stir fry with paste.
  4. Add belachan, salt, sugar and chicken stock powder and let the kangkung cook through.
  5. Serve hot.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks delicious..

Post a Comment