Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Church 56th Anniversary celebration..and some musings

We celebrated our church 56th anniversary on Sunday. I've been trying to find the time to blog since then but have been so tied up with my three bosses so what happened during the weekend only gets to be posted now.
It started with our usual morning service at 10 followed by lunch which was served in the hall. The food was marvelous, the atmosphere warm despite the cold and wet weather outside. We had lots of different activities for both the young and old at the family fun time which started at 3.30. I was in charged of setting up a craft station for kids mainly and decided to have them string a set of coloured pasta to make a necklace. The other activites for kids involved face painting, making balloon man etc etc. There were activites like hitting cans with a ball and the station was called 'can-lah' and winning some lollies for yrself and lots of other interesting stuff which will take too much blogging space. We were supposed to have a backyard barbie after that but due to the rain we had the sausages and sandwiches indoors instead.
And...I've never felt more belonged and connected than I did after finding my 'spiritual home' in this church. I admit that I've fallen off the track a bit right after coming here, I was feeling so miserable missing home and my church in Pg, especially when it was just the two of us celebrating our first Christmas here, I was missing out on the annual Christmas Eve service we used to have in Trinity and my church family. I would tell myself it is ok to feel lazy going to church since the tram stop is 12 min brisk walk away (we were living in Parkville then and we have to rely on the tram service to attend one of the church in the city as we didn't have a car at the time) but I'll happily take the tram to the city for my Fri night shoppings, tonnes of excuses ready really! After our one yr lease expired we decided to move closer to where Joe works and we found a place in the southeast side of Melbourne. Having had Hannah, I want to have her grow up in a church, where she can attend Sunday School and build a life long love for God and His word, and of course I know that it shouldn't be the only place she's learning about God but at home too, that's why I need to grow too spiritually, and I need a church I can call home because it is too hard doing it all alone. To cut the long story short I thank God He's placed us in a church right now that we can truly call our home.
Photos from Sunday (just realized I didn't have that many good photos taken as I was prolly too busy yakking or watching Hannah) *sob sob*






The making of balloon-man








Concentrating hard








Face painting for kids








Pasta necklace station





My 'not-very-cooperative model' with the coloured pasta necklace.



No comments:

Post a Comment