Little one and I went to the aquatic centre for the first time few days ago. We had a blast really. I was impressed with what the facility offered for a mere entrance fee of $5.45 for adult swimmers and FOC for those under 2y/o. Lots of different types of pool ranging from indoor infant/toddler play pool to 25-50 m heated pool for adults. The place was fully heated, perfect for unpredictable Melbourne weather. Non slippery tile in the pool (that was what I noticed first thing stepping into the water-guess now that I am a mom nothing beats my safety senses=) helps parents/guardians relax a little while in the water instead of constantly holding onto their kids. We went with two of my friends and their kids and we spent a good two hours in the water alone. Little one was quite wary of the unfamiliar surroundings at first. She was holding my hand the first 15 min I think. Can't blame her for that. The first and last time she was in the pool was when we were back in Pg in March, only once and for less than half an hour. I let her stick to me and assured her that it was alright to splash and enjoy the water a bit. The infant pool we were in was really shallow and didn't seem too daunting so she warmed up to the idea of playing in water with her little friends after that.
Two of them in the infant pool
I am having a ball of a time
All three kids together
Mama with little one
The kids had a snack an hour later. Little one finished hers really fast, maybe because she was busy sharing her food but she was also stuffing them into her mouth fairly quickly. Guess she must be really famished from all the water splashing=)
Time-out, need to recharge
Sharing food
Little one: Let me feed you some grapes they're good for you=)
One last shot before leaving
The place is equipped with family and female shower and changing room so we cleaned up and proceeded for lunch at the adjacent cafe. The food was not bad. There was plenty of hot food to choose from, not the typical sandwiches and pie selling cafe. I had fish and chips while little one finished the lunch I brought from home for her. I was telling hubby we should go sometime soon together, before the school holiday starts and he seems ok with the idea though he doesn't like water much. Looking forward to it!=D
No comments:
Post a Comment