So what have I been up to the last few days? Busy preparing different food for the family. Seeing how the little one is refusing to eat much, I've resorted to cooking only her favorite dishes. She likes noodles with gravy/sauces or pasta. Maybe it's because we eat rice 3-4 times a week so she has taken a liking to things other than rice. Because the hubby takes a lunchbox to work, I find it easier to have rice with some dishes and put them in for his lunch as compared to noodles(which will not taste so good when kept overnight). Last two days, I've made rice and dishes for adults and noodles for the little one. Thought she should have some rice today, and her favourite dishes to go with it are braised meatballs with potatoes, dried shrimp with spinach soup and chap chai th'ng( I think it's known as combination soup over here). So I made her the chap chai th'ng today and she ate very well that I rewarded her with a bottle of yakult (usually papa is the one who spoils her with the yakult). =) I hope she keeps this up.

Discovered yakult at the tender age of 18+ mths, didn't think I got to drink vitagen at that age

A totally unrelated photo but couldn't resist posting it, she's wearing her first 'bareback' dress. I remember I used to wear them when I was small.

Her 'bareback' dress=)
Back to the above topic, it is really not easy preparing different food for everyone. I wonder how my poh poh who used to cook for all of us and also for her siblings did it. I for one prefer to have us all eat the same food but the hubby always wants 'tastier' food which is not always suitable for the little one. When the little one has finally hit the sack at night, I spend more time cutting up and preparing food in the kitchen so I only have to cook the next day, this means less time for my books or pc....which I DON'T ALWAYS mind (note to hubby: but on some lazy days I do=)
No comments:
Post a Comment