Sunday, November 22, 2009

Making smoothie

This is my second and last post of the day. So many things that I want to write yet so little time=( I attempted to make strawberry smoothie with little one today using her newly-bought battery operated toy mixer. The supposed 'blades' are made of plastic so it is meant to be used by 'little budding chefs'. The box does suggests the mixer is good with chopped strawberries and milk and flour, eggs and stuff like that. That is what I did then, cut up some strawberries and scooped out a small ball of ice cream and told little one we are making her a cuppa smoothie.

All ready for smoothie-making


Placed the ingredients in the mixer


 Got little one trying to blend it

And she tried and tried, the poor thing holding on to the button with the mixer whizzing away but it  just wasn't chopping up the fruits like a mixer does, I then thought to myself-maybe because the blades are made of plastic. I was hoping she could enjoy the fruit of her labour now that she likes doing things for herself. In the end I gave up and asked her to stop. I poured the strawberries, milk, and ice cream out into a bowl and  whipped out my electric hand mixer and 5 minutes later little one was sipping her smoothie away in delight. Forgot to take a pic of her enjoying her drink. Perhaps the box meant 'toy' strawberries..Smoothie-making or not, she's still happily playing with the mixer.


Such concentration, I think she is going to be a brilliant cook when she grows up=D

No comments:

Post a Comment