skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Falling sick
I love my life here, most parts of it anyway. It is usually when I fall sick that I truly, really get home sick I miss getting to just curl up under the blanket doing nothing, being taken to the doctor by my mum or darling. Well I had a high fever yesterday, I had the chills and felt shivery, my legs were like jelly and I had aches all over and darling was saving up his leave for our hols next year so I was left at home alone to tend to Hannah. It is at times like these that I wonder why. WHY did I move so faraway from home? Like I said I love it here BUT IF I were to still live in Msia I am sure I can easily get mum, mil or sis to babysit at times like that, and then there's the time I had badly cut my finger with a can opener and had to spend half a day in the ER and darling had to take time off work to send/pick me up to/from the hospital with Hannah tagging along. Anyways, I was feeling so sickly yesterday morning that all I did was sit Hannah in front of the tv and she was good, watching tv and playing by herself. Darling came back for a short while during his lunch break and walked Hannah to the nearby IGA to get some bread so I can fix some sandwiches for lunch( and at least she got some fresh air instead of staying cooped up at home with me!) We had takeaway for dinner instead of my planned menu of lamb chop(which I managed to make for tonight's dinner and will blog about it tomorrow=) Yes I still had to cook tonight, darling suggested we eat out but I hate waiting forever for my food with Sat night crowds in a restaurant and also the lamb had been defrosted since yesterday. So...I guess that's why people always say you can't win it all. I get the pros and cons of living in a foreign land and I just have to live with it.
2 comments:
You poor thing. I'm actually in Penang now and I'll be in Melbourne on Friday. You need anything from home? I'm leaving for Sg on Thurs, so if you need anything, text my Msian number: 0124773345. I can get it for you tomorrow then bring it in on Friday.
Babe you so sweet=) I didn't forget u'll be flying here dis weekend. In fact I am so waiting for this Sat and just thinking of where to bring u makan before ringing u up. Prob pick u up fr hotel in morn then we can drive to city n hv sth there. Talk soon=)
Post a Comment