Had some time to spare after dinner and decided to make some play dough. I've always preferred the homemade dough in playgroup cos it is less sticky and softer to mould but have been putting it off for some time. Thought it would be time consuming and a tub of PlayDoh costs only like $2 or $3. Turned out it only took 5 min to make quite a chunk of dough. Made it in two different colours in 15 min tops! The recipe can be found on the label from a bottle of McKenzie's Cream of Tartar (sold for just over $2 from Coles) but I'll list it down anyhow and this is the reduced portion as I wanted to make the doughs in different colours.
Recipe to make play dough:
1 cup plain flour
2 tbsp McKenzie's Cream of Tartar
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 cup salt
food colouring
1 cup water
Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan, stir over medium heat for 3-5 min or until the mixture congeals.
The doughs
If kept promptly after use in a tight container it should last for quite a while
No comments:
Post a Comment