Monday, October 12, 2009

What's for dinner?

Was feeling too tired to blog about my lamb chop yesterday. So here it is today. I got the recipe from theWoolworths Spring edition mag and I love how quick and easy it is to make them. The original recipe calls for a leg of lamb but I replaced it with 4 lamb chops which was on special in woolies (costs $4.10 for 4 of them!cheap cheap!=) won't be able to finish a whole leg of lamb with just the 3 of us. So here's what we had on Saturday night.


Classic lamb chop with mashed potatoes
Recipe:
  • Preheat oven to 200C
  • Make small incisions into lamb and insert garlic slices.
  • Season lamb with salt and ground black pepper.
  • Place into baking dish and roast for 10 min. Add chunks of parsnip and sweet potatoes (I love mushrooms so I've added some sliced white cup mushrooms as well) and cook for 45 min (less time if you don't want it well done)
  • Remove lamb and pour the remaining juices into a pot.
  • Add 1 tbsp flour and stir.
  • Gradually stir in 1 cup (Campbell) chicken stock.
  • Pour gravy onto lamb
  • Serve with vegies and mashed potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment